20.6.10

father's day brunch


Today Ben & I made a very yummy Father's Day brunch at our place for his Dad! His Mom, my Mom and my brother came along too. And for my Dad, we had to be a little more creative since he's away in Africa. SO all six of us took photos holding words that described our Dad. I put it all together in a mosaic format and emailed it to him last night because that was his Father's Day morning. It's not the same as a warm cup of tea celebrating around the dining table with your wife and kids but hopefully it felt just as good. I know it did for us.



Brunch this morning consisted of Ben's waffles and fresh whip cream, an abundance of organic strawberries, grapes, orange slices, organic vanilla yogurt, lemon & lavender scones, and rye crackers with the world's best Comox Valley Brie cheese! I was aiming to have lots of wild flowers in bright hues and I bundled them all in my favorite mason jars. I also decided to try placing a bunch or two in wine glasses, which I thought looked pretty cute. I placed all the cutlery in an over sized glass canister and we were able to use lots of our serving ware we received for wedding gifts. I love our white serving tray my best girlfriends from high school gave to me for my bridal shower. It's so pretty! Today was a lovely day with a ton of just right breeze and we couldn't have asked for a better day for a Father's Day patio brunch. Ben and I both have amazing Fathers who have both contributed countless hours of love and support to us as we've grown first on our own and continue to now as we grow along side each other. Happy Father's Day to our Dad's!



No comments:

Post a Comment